Any savvy businessperson can tell you that it is in your best interest to protect your investments, and a pipeline represents a significant investment. Proper care and maintenance of your pipeline can help you avoid interruptions of service and weighty costs in the event of a leak. Not to mention the importance of avoiding ecological disasters. If you think you might need NDT, or x-ray inspection in Dawson Creek or anywhere in Alberta, then keep reading.
What Is NDT and Why Would I Need It?
- Wear and tear
- Human error
How Does NDT Work?
- Magnetic particle testing—uses a magnetized section of pipe, a specialized solution and an ultraviolet light to detect weak spots and defects in the metal without causing any strain or harm to the pipe.
- Radiographic testing—uses radiation to identify problems like blockage, corrosion, and structural defects.
- Ultrasonic testing—can find even the smallest of pits and pinholes in the pipe wall so that you can accurately determine the condition of your pipes.
How Does NDT Add Value to My Pipeline Investment?
- Prevention—NDT can help you analyze the condition of your pipeline before minor defects cause significant deterioration. Preventing leaks and product loss can save you a great deal of money over time.
- Optimize safety—NDT can ensure safety standards are being met.
- Efficiency—As a part of proper maintenance, NDT can help reduce interruptions to productivity and cash flow.
- Durability—NDT can help you to keep your pipes healthy so that they don’t have to be prematurely replaced.
NDT and x-ray inspection is an absolute necessity for all pipeline operators in Dawson Creek and Alberta. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Protect your investment as soon as possible.
20/20 NDT is a specialized radiography company with a team of highly trained technicians whose skills and training meet, and exceed, industry standards. We can help you detect potential problems before they become full-blown disasters. Call us today for NDT or x-ray inspection anywhere in Alberta, BC and Western Canada at 1-866-930-6220!